Due to success we're going to always use Mumble.

Hugo
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Due to success we're going to always use Mumble.

Post by Hugo on Sun May 29, 2011 3:32 pm

Mumble turns out to work fine, small opensource program, multiplatform and it'll be better for classes and exams than the chat ingame. Teachers will use it to explain and so will examinators (coaches, spectators) do. Students or people who take their exam may react using the voice chat or ingame. You don't have to talk, but always be there to listen. Voice chat also get's people more involved. Just like the IRC webchat. This update has been applied on all information findable for 'classes' and 'exams'. Our first basic class went fine. Enough people showed up and I was surprised to see people who actually had a great attitude and asked questions. Well done.

Thx vmuch and see you next week, hopefully we'll get a bunch of new instructors and fighters soon too ::smile::

Hugo ::fencing::

How to connect: click!

Last edited by Hugo on Sun May 29, 2011 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kaldor
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Re: Due to success we're going to always use Mumble.

Post by Kaldor on Sun May 29, 2011 3:34 pm

Big +1 to this.

Much easier to communicate with people via Mumble. No, it is NOT required to use a mic and Talk.. it just makes it much easier if you can Listen to instructions instead of typing.
    Destroyer
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Post by Destroyer on Sun May 29, 2011 6:31 pm

Mhhh...Talking/Listening is always harder than writing for people who are non native speakers.
    I hope the people will understand what you explain then :D
    Otherwise you need to repeat things often and you could probably type faster in chat. :P

But give it a try =)

Tant pis, on est pas nés sous la même étoile.
    Hugo
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Post by Hugo on Mon May 30, 2011 12:19 am

Destroyer wrote:Mhhh...Talking/Listening is always harder than writing for people who are non native speakers.
    I hope the people will understand what you explain then :D
    Otherwise you need to repeat things often and you could probably type faster in chat. :P

But give it a try =)

Yep, that's exactly what I thought when starting. Didn't expect it to work. But it turned out to work quite well actually. But of course, if there are people having troubles I can always write stuff down. And summaries (important stuff) will also be written down. So yeah, np there. It's mainly just easier to coach, when someone is doing an excersize, plus I can like go KALDOR, LOK, DESTR! HELP THAT PERSON!! or anyone else :P

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:10 am