ShadowVeil's introduction

ShadowVeil
    Level 1
    Level 1

ShadowVeil's introduction

Post by ShadowVeil on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:08 am

Greetings fellow T3 members and everyone else!

My name is Atanas, I'm 20 years old and Bulgarian so GMT+2. In Jedi Academy I use the nickname ShadowVeil. First of all, I apologise for any grammar and punctual mistakes I might make as my English is far from good. I started playing this game in 2008 and stopped in 2010. The reasons for the long 1 year break were the lack of decent hardware that would run the game with at least 125 fps and having a poor unreliable Internet Provider. However an year later some things changed in my life and I finally got the so desired awesome personal computer with a great overall performance ( I never trust laptops - overheating, inability to add RAM and small screens). Anyway I really love Star Wars Jedi Academy, it always brings me that nostalgia whenever I have a longer break from gaming. Just listen to that wonderful song it has always inspired me to go on and improve myself in lightsaber duels and utterly enjoy JA's magical atmosphere! Smile

Why I stumbled across your community? Many thanks to Hugo for his incredible demos! I spent a whole week watching them and had a decent practice in T3 home map. Haha you will find it weird but I am so committed that I even played JA in my university during the breaks between the lectures. Make no mistake I am not new to Jedi Academy but that theory helped me a lot to remember some basics, especially the movement and singlesaber videos. The Force is a powerful Ally and a terrible Foe! Now I see what Hugo meant with those dead air jumps :O. So yeah the main cause for my interest in T3 is that I wish to enlarge my knowledge and start thinking outside the box. Furthermore I thoroughly enjoy communicating with mature and respectful lads and able to take criticism myself. I believe T3 is where I want to be.

P.S.
    I had an issue with the IRC client when I installed xchat and tried to run it it crashed with an error window popping up:
    (Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library: This Application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.)
    I hope that won't be a serious obstacle...
    Hugo
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Re: ShadowVeil's introduction

Post by Hugo on Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:17 am

Hi ShadowVeil! What a Face

I myself am also upgrading my PC at the moment. Therefore the activety on IRC and during classes has been a bit low this week and have downloads not been updated yet. I will get to that a.s.a.p. Furthermore, I read your introduction - your English is fine btw - and instantly became worried about this:

Anyway I really love Star Wars Jedi Academy.

We get a lot of people who really like Star Wars and are not really that much into the actual understanding of the game and time, dedication and effort it takes to improve yourself. As you probably have read there is quite a difference between getting some frags and enjoying this game with friends, playing it for the SW theme and what t3 does. But!...

As soon as I read:

I spent a whole week watching them and had a decent practice in T3 home map.

I smiled ::smile:: It means that you actually read, searched, found and took initiative. Combined with your age and the way you like to communicate with more mature people. I'd say;

Join IRC, Mumble, classes the forums and, Welcome! ::thumbsup::
    PS: Did you try to install: http://www.silverex.org/download/ ? If so, then please join the IRC channel to get live support (use the webchat). Kaldor and ramses can probably help you with OS related problems. At the moment I am kinda swamped ::wink:: We'll get it fixed ::smile::

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Destroyer
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Post by Destroyer on Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:18 am

Welcome =)

Tant pis, on est pas nés sous la même étoile.
    Kaldor
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Post by Kaldor on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:24 pm

Welcome, and good luck ::smile::

ShadowVeil wrote:
    P.S.
    I had an issue with the IRC client when I installed xchat and tried to run it it crashed with an error window popping up:
    (Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library: This Application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.)
    I hope that won't be a serious obstacle...

No worries at all here. XChat is just the application that we prefer and directly support because it's free, convenient, and cross-platform. Many other options exist- Chatzilla is pretty popular also. You can also use the embedded IRC client on the front page to connect to our IRC channel. Either way, we should be able to help.
    Tommy
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Tommy on Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:26 pm

welcome

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:54 am