New 32 slot server and moddev

Hugo
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

New 32 slot server and moddev

Post by Hugo on Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:26 am

Hello all,

Just to keep you up to date. We are switching server IP's again in about a week or so. So there might be somewhat of a gap in between switching servers, when there is no server available. Hopefully that's not going to be the case though. Also Kaldor is working on a saber mod that adjusts basejka just a tiny bit to get rid of some random spam that people can get annoyed with (as cheap solutions aren't always fun and won't force people to think on) in saber fighting, but also a mod that adds some features that will help with the classes that we do. Alright, that's basically it. The new server will be 32 slot instead of 18, located in Amsterdam. I'll try to set it up to be a mainstream server for jk:ja players.

- Hugo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kaldor
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Re: New 32 slot server and moddev

Post by Kaldor on Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:09 am

This is about my server mod.

I started JKE (JK Enhanced) mod a year ago to add on features that are commonly found in mods like JAE and JA+. The idea was to make a perfect server mod for those who want to retain basejka gameplay but have the extras and fixes to make it a better experience.

Now, I branched JKE with the intention of actually modifying the saber system. I am modifying the way that sabers hit so that typical JKA players are unable to spam certain tricks including running forward, early turn extend/wiggle, staff/dual delays and switches, yellow crouch spam, etc.

The reasoning behind this is not the typical reasons. Some mods removed the ability to "poke" because "it's cheating". Some mods changed the system because "it's not jedi-like". My reason for changing the saber system is to encourage JKA players to think more heavily and reduce the spam ability. This is from a gaming point of view, not a Jedi/Role Play/Honour point of view. If the mod works out properly, it could possibly greatly improve the way we play and promote more advanced gameplay.

The saber system only tweaks the timing, blocking, and parry rates. Everything is the same, but with new handicaps/advantages possible. For example, if someone rushes forward wiggling heavily we can now simply parry them down and likely one-shot them. This should help deter spam and promote actual thinking.

In short:

This is a mod for gamers. This is NOT a mod for jedi-wannabes, typical ego players, or "social" servers. Some basejka TFFA players will probably scoff at this, but to them I say have fun running into each other and gloating about your tricks. Don't let the crouch parry hit your ass on the way out.
    Lok
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Post by Lok on Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:59 pm

For the new server i can almost ensure u there will be some downtime where we will have no server, prolly a few days to a week and in worst case up to 2 weeks etc etc, but i promise the new server will be up as soon as possible ::wink::

And in the worst case i guess u could hop on TJA server :P
    Kaldor
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Post by Kaldor on Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:53 pm

I knew I heard something under my bed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:11 am