No teaching atm, because we have to wait for teh server!

Hugo
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

No teaching atm, because we have to wait for teh server!

Post by Hugo on Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:14 am

Thought I'd post that. When the new server is up, we'll be doing classes again.
    In the meanwhile, come join us on IRC and Mumble ::yes_new::

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kaldor
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Re: No teaching atm, because we have to wait for teh server!

Post by Kaldor on Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:00 am

Also a note to people who are unsure of how we work:

We are always logged into IRC (AFK or not). I often see people connect to IRC only to ask a question like "anyone here?" and leave in under a minute. This isn't how IRC is meant to work.

IRC is a permanent open chatroom controlled by an operator. You should remain logged into IRC (leave it in the background even) to see what we're doing or to leave messages. We can't respond to questions if you leave so fast! This has happened twice with two different people since the weekend started.

A typical situation is to just leave a message with a question. Don't say "anyone here?" or "I have a question". Just leave your message/queries/whatever and someone will respond. If someone is at their PC at that time, they will likely respond quickly. If not, they'll respond whenever they see it. This is why it's good to have an IRC client.

This is why we recommend using an IRC client such as XChat. Take a look at the Downloads section in the top navigation bar in this site. Also, take a look at the "Getting in touch" link in my signature.

Have fun ::smile::

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:11 am