Kaldor
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Terminative 3 OpenArena Server

Post by Kaldor on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:54 pm

IP: 88.159.60.140:21050
    Password (when set): t3

2 Reserved Slots (ask for password)

Download OpenArena for Windows and Mac OS X here.
    Ubuntu: sudo apt-get install openarena
    Fedora: sudo yum install openarena

Place the following files in the baseoa directory to play on our server:

Autodownloading is enabled. Make sure you have cl_autodownload set to 1. The maps we have are the classic maps such as Campgrounds (pro-q3dm6), Aerowalk, and Bloodrun (ztn3tourney1).

Thanks to Toaster letting me have access to his server machine, I decided to also pop up an OpenArena server so that we do not need to depend on Quake Live.

Our server does not run the vanilla OpenArena. It uses a modification called Aftershock which modifies OpenArena to be suitable for esport-style play. If the demand is there, I will also upload CPMA to the server. I recommend that everyone who wants to use this server install CPMA in advance here: http://www.playmorepromode.org/CPMA148.zip

~~

Why OpenArena instead of Quake III: Arena?

Q3A is from 1999 and has not received patches in years. OpenArena uses ioquake3 which has a superior engine. But, most importantly, it's free for anyone to download and requires very little to get running. This means that anyone can legally download, install, and play. Additionally, the Quake III Linux version is deprecated and won't run properly on modern systems.

Combined with Aftershock and CPMA, Terminative 3 will have a free-of-cost, cross-platform, no-fuss game server for when we want classic Quake 3 gameplay without the bullshit in Quake Live.

Last edited by Kaldor on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kaldor
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Re: Terminative 3 OpenArena Server

Post by Kaldor on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:48 am

We have loads of classic duel maps running on the server. Voting for map is enabled, so just use the "callvote map mapname" command to change maps.

Most important map names:

Aerowalk: hub3aeroq3

BloodRun: ztn3tourney1

Campgrounds: pro-q3dm6

Monsoon: monsoon

Original Quake 1 DM6: oa_dm6

Aggressor: aggressor
    Hugo
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Post by Hugo on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:36 pm

Alright then, I'll give it a try ::biggrin::

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:05 am