Official IGL statement

Hugo
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Official IGL statement

Post by Hugo on Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:30 am

As posted here: http://pugz.jkhub.org/index.php?topic=92.0

Regarding the International Gaming League and it's development:

The official statement is that fundraising has failed. The technology is somewhat functional,
    but we do not have the numbers needed to raise the capital we need to build this company.
    In other words, they're dead for now (talks with third party companies and supporters are still going on). It's a pity, because I'm convinced that we were really close and that the technology IGL offers is needed to make it more easy for people to create competitions (events, tournaments, even ladders). Something faceit and esl do not offer yet. It's there, there's simply no money at the moment. When you look at the website now it's fairly limited, but from what I've already seen in the development meetings, there were some really neat features upcoming. With awesome event pages.

From what I understand IGL are looking into finding a buyer and otherwise they will continue doing some work in the evenings (developers are trying to find a new job now). I'm still behind IGL's vision, still behind the technology approach and plans. It's simply that the development side could not keep up with expectations of investors. Classic case of "we went too fast". As for me, I did my best. If it were me, I would have simple made it work, but it wasn't me. It was only me dealing with the jka admin and some media side. None the less, we got a little closer this time. The technology is there, and we were very close to nailing it.

As I said in my first post regarding this subject, it was a gamble. But a risk worth taking. It all depended on the amount of traffic (also from other games) that we needed to gain in order to please investors. That did not work out all that great for multiple reasons. But it does not really feel like a fail, since the technology is there (in which most of the money was invested) and I very much like it over ESL and any other leagues in it's infant state already. All IGL needs is money as the main technical directors are still wanting to make it work somehow.

We'll see who buys it and nails it.

As for me, you know where to find me. I'm always here, and will always be here, supporting jka in all it's aspects and gaming in real life. I'll notify you guys when another IGL chapter is approaching or a possible new adventure is about to take off. In any way, I'm not sure what will happen with the IGL website. But as of now, it's kept online until the bills won't be payed anymore.

Thanks for all your trust and sign ups. I truly appreciate the activity that you guys were able to generate. I know how passive and negative people can be in gaming and around the internet, and I know that most trust you've all given comes at the cost of having to discuss with at least three other negative friends around you. I can't thank you enough for supporting my case, and I'm still behind it. It's just the business side of things that is now messed up. But it was still worth a shot. We rightfully supported these first steps into the direction we view as good. Don't think the support IGL has gotten will go unnoticed by other established companies and start ups ::wink::

In the end we all know that there is a competitive spirit in all of us,
    it's just waiting for the right accessible easy to use competitive platform to take off.

Hugo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hugo
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Re: Official IGL statement

Post by Hugo on Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:54 am

To clarify IGL is in the process of either going in an idle state or being taken over by a bigger company.
    People are working on that. But I thought I'd post about it in here, due to the lack of news recently (view previous post and topic).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:13 am