Kyleball development

Hugo
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Re: Kyleball development

Post by Hugo on Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:00 am

ZantuS wrote:Where's the .map?

Map version 2 topic:
    http://playjka.netgoo.org/kyleball-info-discussion-f67/kyleball-map-version-2-download-coming-soon-t889.htm

Haven't got it yet though. Should ask Malak.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hugo
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Post by Hugo on Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:31 am

It indeed seems that the gass texture was forgotten in the map version 2. People who got version 1 don't notice that though (as it is put in there). I'll contact Malak and get the .map too.

Hugo
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Post by Hugo on Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:28 am

ZantuS
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by ZantuS on Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:53 pm

Lol :D
    Oh shit it's the polaks!!
    Thuvan
    Level 1
    Level 1

Post by Thuvan on Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 pm

Indeed. :D
    Now many polaks will be played in kyleball. ::smile::
    This is awesome mod. Gz for you.
    Kronos
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Post by Kronos on Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:06 am

We need more of everything! Polaks, slovaks, finnishs, swedes, canucks, yanks, hollandish or w/e they are called, brits, germans, lituanians, russians, hungarians, french frogs, jamaicans, belgians!

Nations of the world! Let's unite and play KYLEBALL!

This message was sponsored by the Coruscant Invaders... invading your world pretty soon!
    ZantuS
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by ZantuS on Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:02 am

About the penalties... The system atm, where you get a penalty when your opponent's goalie grips you while attacking is flawed. The goalies can abuse it and end opponent's attacks by gripping a player and giving them a penalty, which can be safer for his team than the hassle at the goal at that moment. So here's a possible solution:
    Goalie grips a player. The game continues UNTIL a goal is scored in that goalie's end, or when the kyle crosses the middle line. In the first case, game would continue normally from the middle. In the second case though, a penalty shot would be given. This way goalies couldn't break attacks by gripping. (Also, if it happens often, the goalie could be put out of play for a minute or two or something.) Too complicated? Tell me what you think.

We could also just forget about penalties and just give a free score for the team whose player was gripped or something. Then the penalty shots would be preserved for tie breaker penalty shootouts and training purposes.
    Hugo
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Post by Hugo on Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:07 am

Hm you are right Zantus, but it might get a bit complicated. I think that the longer we play the better people become at taking penalties. So a penalty will become an instant score anyhow. As it's damn tricky for the goalkeeper to catch the kyle or jump up :P

Anyhow, you got a point yes. That's what we got a referee for I guess :P
    Overrule!!!

Hugo
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Post by Hugo on Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:12 am

Some random screens:

Basketball

Hugo
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Post by Hugo on Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:20 am

Idea's for a new version / adjustments:

Map adjustments:

- Create bouncy walls, so that the kyle bounces off a bit.
    - Remove or switch the scoreboards above the goals.

Rule adjustments:

- Goalie grips a player. The game continues UNTIL a goal is scored in that goalie's end, or when the kyle crosses the middle line. In the first case, game would continue normally from the middle. In the second case though, a penalty shot would be given. This way goalies couldn't break attacks by gripping. (Also, if it happens often, the goalie could be put out of play for a minute or two or something.) Too complicated? Tell me what you think.

Destroyer
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Post by Destroyer on Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:25 am

->remove.

-you could add something like (red team)/(blue team) to the real scoreboard because rebel scum und imperial bastards does not rly show which team it is :D

-send an improved map to jk3 files.com to get more players to play it

Tant pis, on est pas nés sous la même étoile.
    ZantuS
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by ZantuS on Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:47 am

The score boards on top of the goals could in my opinion be removed if there will ever be another version.

Could think outside the box and actually consider allowing the goalie to grip those players? Dunno, just an idea. In bigger team games, it could even be harmful to the goalie's team.

Yeah let's send it over to jk3files when we think it's finished!
    Hugo
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Post by Hugo on Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:38 am

Agenda (1 - 3 months):

- Version 3 (jk3files.com)
    - New and final rules?
    - Praccy games, organize times! Teams!
    - New .zip collection, better demo?
    - New video (tutorial)?

And finally:

- Tournament / league (esl?).
    - Someone to lead it all.

Idea's for a new version / adjustments:

Map adjustments:

- Create bouncy walls, so that the kyle bounces off a bit.
    - Make the lightblue 'BLUE' , darkblue?

Rule adjustments:

- Goalie grips a player. The game continues UNTIL a goal is scored in that goalie's end, or when the kyle crosses the middle line. In the first case, game would continue normally from the middle. In the second case though, a penalty shot would be given. This way goalies couldn't break attacks by gripping. (Also, if it happens often, the goalie could be put out of play for a minute or two or something.) Too complicated? Tell me what you think.

- Remove the grip other players rule?

Hugo
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Post by Hugo on Sat May 01, 2010 1:42 pm

Zantus, we had two things which could be changed (mapwise) .. but I forgot them ...
    Please remind me again thx ::emo::

edit: one of them was a starting sign for the teams .. hmm
    edit2: the kyle removing bug where you can spawn more kyles and have to score a goal to kill them.

Lennu
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by Lennu on Sun May 02, 2010 5:51 am

I want then breakable windows back! They got removed because kyle got stuck in the windows, but now that the windows are fixed, why can't they be breakable? It's only for fun ofcourse. Is there anything better than to shoot your opponent out of the "stadium"? bounce

and one more thing:
    Kyles saber color, could it be changed? Blue team has blue sabers, and so does kyle. At least for me it's hard to recognize who/what if flying towards me, blue team member, or kyle? And if i'm a goalie, i'd rather not take the risk of letting kyle to fly into the goal just because wasn't sure. (as we all know, gripping other players isn't allowed, so mistake there would probably lead to penalty and goal)
    And blue saber simply makes it harder to stay on track about kyles movement.

+ is there a rule about using kyle as a skin? I find it really annoying when there are 3 kyles bouncing around the ball-kyle.

Ps. this smiley is cool ::l33t::

Edit: corrected a huge amount of typos
    Hugo
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Post by Hugo on Sun May 02, 2010 11:28 am

Lennu wrote:I want then breakable windows back! They got removed because kyle got stuck in the windows, but now that the windows are fixed, why can't they be breakable? It's only for fun ofcourse. Is there anything better than to shoot your opponent out of the "stadium"? bounce

and one more thing:
    Kyles saber color, could it be changed? Blue team has blue sabers, and so does kyle. At least for me it's hard to recognize who/what if flying towards me, blue team member, or kyle? And if i'm a goalie, i'd rather not take the risk of letting kyle to fly into the goal just because wasn't sure. (as we all know, gripping other players isn't allowed, so mistake there would probably lead to penalty and goal)
    And blue saber simply makes it harder to stay on track about kyles movement.

+ is there a rule about using kyle as a skin? I find it really annoying when there are 3 kyles bouncing around the ball-kyle.

Ps. this smiley is cool ::l33t::

Edit: corrected a huge amount of typos

1. At the moment the windows keep you from even getting up there. So then you would have to make a sort of double glass solution. or place a breakable window in front, then a noon-breakable at the back of the 'window-holes' and then make sure the kyle slides down... I don't mind if they break or not btw, what do others find? You could bug Malak to read this topic btw.

2. The kyle hasn't got a blue nor red colour :P So I don't find the sabercolour of his saber very distracting. You could ask Malak but I think he'll agree with me that it's probably too much trouble for a not so important change. But, no, I don't know if it's possible Surprised ..

3. There is no rule about the kyle skin. Imo you can easily see whether someone is a player or a kyle, as they are all coloured blue or red obviously. I don't think that will need a rule. Though you can always change the default kyle skin I guess, on the clientside that is. Further I believe Malak is making some 'ballmodel' so that it won't look like a kyle, that might be used in this map too. But I don't think so.

::clown:: affraid

Malak
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Post by Malak on Sun May 02, 2010 7:48 pm

Hm, I erad this topic.
    Imo most of ur problems are not so important, cos I think this game and map is for fun.
    But the map file is common, Ive sent it so u can change anything what u want.
    Ive fixed the remove bug and changed the indicators above the goals...tbh not changeg but removed.

About Kyle saber color: I guess there is a way to mak a specific npc or edit the npc file for changing saber color. If I can remember correctly its not a big deal, so go for it.

And about ball model: Im not sure thatit is neccesarty...after all the game name is Kyleball. And tbh it seems impossible to make it with my skills and cba learn more animation and character making
    Destroyer
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Post by Destroyer on Sun May 02, 2010 8:16 pm

Breakable windows were cooll and it was fun to shoot your opponent out of the window but it's more handy if kyle and players can't get up there. So I like the windows as they are atm.

Kyle saber color change would be nice. Give him a pink saber =)

I think that the model should stay kyle because the name of the game is kyleball and I like his ahhh and ohhh and stop it Jaden sounds :D

In my opinion using kyle skin should not be allowed because it could rly confuse you, so we could add that rule.

Idea:

What about a function that kills all players on the field when a goal has been scored so you don't have to go back to your side and you have full force again?!

And I would like to have some sounds when you score, like GOOOOOOOOAAAALLL :D

Last edited by Destroyer on Mon May 03, 2010 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Hugo
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Post by Hugo on Mon May 03, 2010 1:36 am

''In my opinion using kyleball skin should not be allowed because it could rly confuse you, so we could add that rule.''

In TFFA mode you are always coloured... so I don't really see the problem here.

''Idea:

What about a function that kills all players on the field when a goal has been scored so you don't have to go back to your side and you have full force again?!

And I would like to have some sounds when you score, like GOOOOOOOOAAAALLL :D''

Good idea ::smile::

Hugo
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Post by Hugo on Tue May 04, 2010 5:30 am

Kyleball Version 3 Development

Screenshots:

New features:

- Copied the main scoreboard and replaced the old scoreboards (above the goals) with it.
    - Teamnames are now in blue and red.
    - Everyone and everything get's killed when someone scores.
    - 'Rebel scums' typo fixed.
    - Kyle spawning bug fixed.
    - 'Goal' text appears above the goals, when scored.
    - 'Blue' = darkblue now.

Not:

- No map music added yet.
    - No new loadingscreen added yet.

Please keep posting idea's and (technical / gameplay / rule) improvements
    (not so much visual, people can make their own maps using the .map file).

Destroyer
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Post by Destroyer on Tue May 04, 2010 6:16 am

I'd like to have some sounds when you score and
    I want a replay camera that shows the last goal :D

Kronos
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Post by Kronos on Tue May 04, 2010 6:28 am

Score sound idea I had

Hockey Horn + Zombie Nation FTW!
    Destroyer
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Post by Destroyer on Tue May 04, 2010 7:26 am

Kernkraft 400!

This is what the sounds should be like :D

PS: Yeah I love International Superstar Soccer =)

Hugo
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Post by Hugo on Tue May 04, 2010 8:35 am

I say zombie nation + horn + GOALLLLL = winning sound cheers

Destroyer
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Post by Destroyer on Wed May 05, 2010 12:44 am

true ^^

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:40 am