Terminative League? (Suggestion thread)

Kronos
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Terminative League? (Suggestion thread)

Post by Kronos on Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:48 am

I know you guys are planning on creating a league and here are some ideas I have ::smile::

League Information

- League Name :: Terminative League

- Number of teams :: As much as we can (teams could register second teams to let every player play).

- Number of fixtures :: 2 matches against each team.

- League format :: Every team gets to play against each other one time until every team has played their needed matches. Then, the teams play again to complete the league.

- Points format :: Win = 2pts // Tie = 1pt // Lose = 0pt

- Team stats :: We could use Goal Average and Goal For/Goal Against stats within the leaderboards.

- Player stats :: If possible, we could try to track who scored the goals for every match and get a leaderboard going on with an award given to the best scorer (The Golden Hilt Award).

- Winning team :: The team ending up with the most points at the end of the league wins the Terminative League Trophy .

- Kyleball Hall of Fame :: A thread where every records are kept (Most goals in one game by a player/team, league winners, etc...).

Game Information

- Game Duration :: 2x15 minutes, no score limit.

- If possible, keep track of who scored the goal and make a result thread after the goal with who scored the goals.

- Depending on the number of teams/players, we could play 3o3 or 4o4.

- Teams have to fix a date/time to play the game otherwise they will have an fixed time to play (Friday 9pm or w/e)

--

This is what I had to suggest for the moment ::smile::

Last edited by Kronos on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lennu
    Level 2
    Level 2

Re: Terminative League? (Suggestion thread)

Post by Lennu on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:06 am

Sounds good. All we need is more players/teams :D

suPeerOke
    Level 1
    Level 1

Post by suPeerOke on Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:11 am

what about no show ?
    If your enemy do not appear to the fixed date?
    and what about penaltys.
    Flame, etc
    Destroyer
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Post by Destroyer on Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:40 am

I smell ESL ::yawnee::

Tant pis, on est pas ns sous la mme toile.
    Kronos
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Post by Kronos on Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:43 am

suPeerOke wrote:what about no show ?
    If your enemy do not appear to the fixed date?
    and what about penaltys.
    Flame, etc

What about giving ideas on these situations instead of only bringing them up? Of course my post isn't really complete but I sorted out the main ideas...

ESL or not, who cares xD

suPeerOke
    Level 1
    Level 1

Post by suPeerOke on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:17 am

This was no arguing.
    I myself have no solution. But If you say everyteam has a fixed date, you have to have a rule about no show.
    I'd say default win if the enemy has not arrived 30 mins after the date.
    Lennu
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by Lennu on Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:27 am

I'd rather follow the Good Game policy. If the other team can't play for some reason, teams just fix another date. Anything can turn up in ones life, and a little understanding every once in a while doesn't hurt anybody.
    And if it turns out someone keeps postponing the matches just because it's fun to ruin others fun, we can just remove his/her right to play in the league.

Of course, it's always polite to give a warning instead of making others wait.
    Hugo
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Post by Hugo on Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:45 am

Lennu wrote:I'd rather follow the Good Game policy. If the other team can't play for some reason, teams just fix another date. Anything can turn up in ones life, and a little understanding every once in a while doesn't hurt anybody.
    And if it turns out someone keeps postponing the matches just because it's fun to ruin others fun, we can just remove his/her right to play in the league.

Of course, it's always polite to give a warning instead of making others wait.

Well look at that, there's actually some humanity on this forum :P I find this an excelent suggestion. However, superokee is also right about now showing up. So just give people 1 warning when they don't show up, and if they don't do that a second time, then they lose. Not showing up would mean 15 min late (and not mentioned to the other's team lead).

Obviously if people don't show up just to mess around, they'll be removed by who ever is leading the leagues ::smile::

::thumbsup::

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hugo
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Post by Hugo on Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:47 am

Let's by the way keep it simple. I think it's a bad idea to work out every rule you can think of. Just make a league with some values which we expect people to play like and some important rules. Hmm,

referee?

Lennu
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by Lennu on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:33 am

Haha, we need a referee with Admin's right to overlook that the rules are followed during the game, and when someone breaks the rules, referee could put on the Slowmotion mode (almost pauses the game) to act like a whistle. Just bind the timescale thingy. Or put some uber gravity settings on so that kyle can't be moved xD
    Hugo
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Post by Hugo on Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:54 am

Lennu wrote:Haha, we need a referee with Admin's right to overlook that the rules are followed during the game, and when someone breaks the rules, referee could put on the Slowmotion mode (almost pauses the game) to act like a whistle. Just bind the timescale thingy. Or put some uber gravity settings on so that kyle can't be moved xD

Hm, there could be something implemented in the map ye. To fix that. Admin would probably become a problem tbh :P

ZantuS
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by ZantuS on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:42 pm

Yeah, I'm not sure if Lennu knows that base doesn't have as many admin commands as ja+. If we always had an rcon holder as ref, he could do g_speed 0 to cease the game. :P
    Hugo
    Beyond the living
    Beyond the living

Post by Hugo on Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:06 pm

Looks like we'll be able to start such a league. So who's up to organize some?
    To be honest we only need a good matchmaking system and a leadsboard.

Doesn't have to be done as a t3 project btw. If you are able to create a new quick website or w/e.
    Go ahead.

suPeerOke
    Level 1
    Level 1

Post by suPeerOke on Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:00 pm

Well, you can use the webspell cup script, wait I'll search for it .

http://www.webst4rs.de/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=3205

Short update: the league hoster is temporally offline, but I think this one may does his job too,
    but you have to have a running webspace with mysql and php5 with webspell v4 on it, then you can easyily create a running league.
    http://team-x1.co.uk/site/download.php?fileID=49
    Psycho'somatic
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Psycho'somatic on Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:44 pm

To be honest it would be a better idea to have a small tourney to begin with, even just organised in these forums. I think a league is too big a step for something that quite simply hasn't taken off yet, no one outside our 'circle' will have heard of it.

I like the idea of a tournament though and it doesn't need an esl structure or feel for it to work, in fact it probably wouldn't.
    Psycho'somatic
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Psycho'somatic on Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:14 am

I made a 4vs4 general tournament template, might be useful:

http://www.filefront.com/16151537/4vs4%20Format.xls

(Just need to edit the cyan fields ::thumbsup2:: )

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:23 pm